oh, march. you are always a tricky month. teases of spring & blasts of winter weather. the mister's birthday and the beginnings of blooms mixed with biting winds and longing for warmer days. (and yes, i know that as i am posting this it is almost may. seriously. where does the time go??)
that chicago theatre title card might be my favorite PL thing ever. the fact that my mom & brother drove to the city for dinner is pretty great, too. so are these two lovely ladies at the bottom. (hi kim! hi kelly!)
chris & i had a fun day in williamsburg on the friday before his birthday. i saw that super hero wrapping paper a while ago and knew it would be perfect for him. i mean, c'mon. it's got BOBA FETT on it.
my hoosiers made it to the sweet sixteen. sadly, they didn't go any further. still, it was exciting to watch them!
it's sad that we live so far away from our families, but i also kind of love taking screen shots when we skype with them!
one more look at that chicago title card. LOVE.
wow. just, wow. i know everyone has seen this already, but i finally set aside some time to watch it. what a powerful piece. it seriously gave me goosebumps. if you haven't watched it already, please take a few minutes to watch right now. xo
i was approached last fall to become an early tastemaker on the new social shopping site luvocracy. luvocracy is kind of like someone combined pinterest with amazon -- i get to curate my own collections, but anyone who clicks on an item can buy it directly through the site. curated shopping at its finest!
here are some of the highlights:
- amazing tastemakers from around the web are already on board and creating fantastic collections. just a few of my favorites are kate, joy, joanna, morgan, justina, bonnie & jennifer.
- you can find small gems from sites like etsy or more mass-produced goods from favorites like west elm and cb2.
- luvocracy is built for shopping. sometimes when i'm on pinterest and click through to see a product, it is long since sold out. pinterest is amazing for inspiration, but luvocracy is made for purchasing!
- if an item is sold out, luvocracy will scour the internet to track it down. they can't guarantee that they will find it for you, but the will do their best sleuthing so you don't have to.
- maybe the best part? every user on the site can earn rewards when someone buys their recommended item. you can use these rewards as credits towards purchases on luvocracy or as a check issued directly to you. basically, you are being rewarded for sourcing a great product. everybody wins!
luvocracy is still invite only and i'd love to extend my invitation to you to join the site. please do check it out and see what you think. i hope you'll love it as much as i do!