image via aaron huey
my husband and i currently live in new york city (queens to be precise). we definitely have a love/hate relationship with the city (love the subway, the diversity, the art, the energy . . . hate the subway, the crowds, the inconsiderate attitude, the cost of living) and have decided that we don't want to live here forever -- although we'll likely still be here for a few more years. while i'm not sure that any other city can compare to NYC for me, i think we both need a slightly smaller city with a slightly slower pace.
image via hula seventy
so, i figured, why not ask the internet? where should we move to?
- we still want to be in a city . . . maybe just not a city of over 8 million
- we would love to be able to rent or buy a small house with a yard
- my husband is a massage therapist, so a place that has a good market for massage therapy is needed
- i suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, so extreme cold or damp weather is not favorable
- public transportation is very important to us
- as is an environmentally friendly community
- a good arts scene beats a good sports scene for us
- needs to be dog friendly
- close to water of some sort
. . . or maybe we'll just move to brooklyn.