my friends, erin & jason, hosted a fun new year's eve party in brooklyn. it was full of awesome flickr peeps and we all had a great time! there was delicious homemade pizza to eat and yummy champagne to drink, with dick clark & times square safely far away on tv. we had some xbox action going on, a group round of old school trivial pursuit, and we even managed to play pictionary on the iPad! but my favorite part, aside from the wonderful company, was my contribution to the festivities.
inspired by this shot on photojojo, i made a crepe paper streamer wall to decorate a blank wall and to serve as a fun photo backdrop. it was definitely a hit!
(i like how loc is making the exact same face in the rock star shot as he is in the first one. tee hee.)
a big thanks to erin, for letting me use her digital shots in this post.
and an extra big thanks to both erin & jason for being such awesome hosts!!
(man, composing shots with the fuji instax sure is tricky . . . especially when there has been wine involved!)
we had quite the pretty snowfall in new york city yesterday. such big, fluffy flakes. it was mesmerizing.
needless to say, we didn't get much work done around the office yesterday. everyone was too busy daydreaming out the window.
overall, 2010 treated me much, much better than 2008 & 2009 did. that said, it was still full of plenty ups and downs. some of my lowest lows and my highest highs.
- january was cold. i read a lot of books. that's really about all i remember of it.
- february brought lots and lots of snow. it was so pretty!
- in march, i visited friends in philadelphia, dreamt of spring, sought out color and saw the tim burton exhibit at MoMA.
- in april, i was part of a big surprise party for one of my best friends in kentucky. it was so much fun!! all of the flowers started blooming, which made me a very happy girl.
- may brought old friends to the city for a visit and a brand new friend into my life. the internet has been very, very good to me in that respect. may also held a wonderful polaroid week on flickr and the series finale of LOST. both bittersweet events.
- in june, i finally got an iphone!! it is the BEST. there was also a lot of outdoor dining and fun events like the renegade craft fair that month. and i had several photos published in print. i heart early summer.
- july had lots of ups and downs. not my favorite.
- august took me back home again to indiana, where i lounged at the lake and spent time with my family. a much needed break from the city. it also started with an epic day with flickr friends in NYC.
- september was full of adventures! a private suite at a yankees game, a trip to long beach, a road trip up to maine, more portrait shoots and meeting new flickr friends in real life. most excellent.
- october began in the most difficult way. but i kept busy after that with a flickr meet-up, a road trip to virginia for a wedding, and more portrait shoots.
- november was a banner month. i got my new website up and running, opened up an etsy shop, took more portraits for my project, finished a mini book, flew through another polaroid week on flickr and enjoyed a wonderful thanksgiving with friends in brooklyn.
- december featured a stellar week long birthday celebration, lots of fun holiday events, a photo in a pictory showcase, which ended up on the npr photo site and tweeted by roger ebert. followed it all up with a trip home to indiana and an epic new year's eve party in brooklyn.
lots of good stuff in there. 2011, you have awfully big shoes to fill, but i have confidence in you. let's do this!
hope everyone had a lovely holiday!
(we had snow on the ground in indiana, but didn't get any more on christmas day. and somehow, new york city got dumped on. why does this keep happening when i'm not there??)